Sign in or
Unit 2.4: Market Failure and the Role of Government
Chapter 28 - Government and Market Failure: In this chapter you will learn:
Click on a chapter to visit its wiki page:
- How public goods are distinguished from private goods.
- The method for determining the optimal quantity of a public good.
- The basics of cost-benefit analysis.
- About externalities (spillover costs and benefits) and the methods to remedy them.
- How information failures can justify government interventions in some markets.
Chapter 29 - The Economics of Taxation: In this chapter you will learn:
- The different tax philosophies and ways to distribute a nation's tax burden.
- The principles relating to tax shifting, tax incidence, and efficiency losses from taxes.
Econ in the News - Unit 2.4 "Market Failure"
Latest page update: made by welkerjason
, Aug 13 2008, 3:53 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by welkerjason
1 word added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.