NEWS: Welker's Wikinomics Study Guides are available for download over at the blog. CLICK HERE to get the latest .pdf study guides for AP and IB Economics or to order the SMART Notebook files of the originals for use in your own class!
An experiment in learning the Wiki way, a collaborative tool for understanding the concepts from a principles of Economics course, welcome to Welker's Wikinomics. Anyone is welcome to join and contribute to this wiki, or simply use it as a study tool for your Economics course. The primary contributors are AP and IB Economics students at Shanghai American School and Zurich International School. Thanks for visiting, I hope you find the wiki useful! ~Mr. Welker
Winner of "Best Educational Wiki 2007 Award" and the 2008 Golden Paint Can Award for Education 2.0 Wiki - Congratulations to all the students who have contributed to Welker's Wikinomics over the last two years.
Navigate Welker's Wikinomics:
| - |
Intro to Economics and Microeconomics Syllabus (AP Micro, IB SL/HL)
| - |
Macroeconomics Syllabus (IB SL/HL)
| - |
International Economic Syllabus (IB SL/HL)
| - |
Development Economics Syllabus (IB SL/HL)
Rules of Conduct at Welker's Wikinomics:
- All AP Economics students as SAS are required to contribute to this site.
- Only constructive, well thought out and informed input is welcome. Any contributions that are inappropriate or incorrect will be either removed or corrected by students or Mr. Welker/Ms. Close.
- Main unit pages may not be edited by students, only topic pages within main units are for student editing.
- Links to external sites relevant to a particular topic are welcome.
- Links to news articles, websites, blogs or other wikis (such as Wikipedia) can be included in an edit if it is deemed to be useful in understanding the topic.
- Once each unit, every student must post a link and abstract for an article related to the unit's topics on the "AP Econ in the News Page."
- Once each unit, every student must also post their opinion or views on the unit's "Student Thought Forum."
- Graphs may be uploaded as picture files if they are deemed helpful for understanding a topic.
- Videos appropriate to the topics covered may be added to pages as "widgets". Inappropriate videos will be removed.
- Students who are not in Mr. Welker's or Ms. Close's AP Economics classes may not to contribute to Welker's Wikinomics Page without permission.